Tuesday, February 10, 2009

日roく

I read this article and found this site and decided that I need to just memorize whole sentences. I'm a proponent of figuring out things for one's self, but language learning is really just about imitation. The better you imitate, the better you speak the language(up to the skill of the original speaker).

new words
同 dou - similar
へ he - synonym for に, but with different connotations
東京 toukyou - Tokyo
時 toki/jii - time
中 chuu/neka - inside,middle,during
ば ba - means if/suppose when ending a sentence
くる kuru - come(closer to speaker)
もの mono - thing, person, (also what?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

heres a good addition - mono = thing, right?

well, if you want to talk about food it is:

tabe+mono = food thing

and drinks are:

nomi+mono = drink thing

I also concur with the idea of learning sentences. You end up learning grammar and construction that way. My good friend Logan Wheeler told me (and he is a linguist / polyglot able to speak, read, right 4 languages) that you need to learn grammar so that you can start experimenting with putting words together in meaningful ways.