Sunday, February 22, 2009

late febuary resolutions

- Never use food as entertainment or comfort. Make a conscious decision that I will not regret before every bite of food.

- Make Japanese study a more significant part of my day. Make it highly enjoyable. Never let it become a chore, but at the same time make it an unavoidable and required daily routine until it is a solid daily habit.

- I threw some stuff away this weekend, stuff I didn't and probably will never need. I also cleaned my apartment alot, did dishes and stuff. It didn't really take so much time that I couldn't have studied Japanese, but in my mind it did, and I badly needed to straighten up, so I chose to let the weekend play out how it did. I would like to get to a point where I have few enough posessions that I can evaluate the place that thing has in my life on a weekly basis.

tldr; make decisions instead of following habits, but replace good habits with bad habits where that's not practical.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you cleaned your apartment??? you washed the dishes??? shame on you for not automating that yet...