Monday, February 9, 2009

it's a secret to everyone

I found this today. It's a character intro, it could possibly use a description of what the character is wearing, but other than that, it's complete. I think I will finish the rest of the story.
===========
The sun was bright in my face. I rolled over and covered my head with my plaid comforter. Silently I paniced and leapt from bed. I had overslept, nothing to be done now but remedy my failures thus far. I clothed myself in a whirlwind and then swiftly slid through my door, keys in hand, turning the lock before my satchel even had time to complete its motion and land with a thump at my side. I briskly walked towards the parking deck, organizing my thoughts for the upcoming proposal that I was to be making to Dr. Melgrove. The parking deck elevator was broken, either that or the light in the button had died, but I doubted that. Jogging up one flight of stairs I quickly ascended to the level where I had parked two nights ago, before submersing myself in last minute research and planning for this preliminary pitch to the head of the governing body of research. I was the only one parked on this level, unusual. I wasted no time on this fascinating but irrelevant fact, quickly starting my car and speeding down the endless left turn of the marquee street apartments parking deck. By the time I had reached the street, the lack of cars seemed less irrelevant.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what happens next??? oh the suspense!